Thursday, November 3, 2011

2 November of KCttC

My friend Kelly over at Sleeping Kelly often refers to that time of evening when the children become possessed by poltergeist, supper hasn't began to take shape yet, and mama's getting a bit frayed around the edges as the Whining Hour. She says when the kids start to whine that's when it's time to pour the wine.
And, while I had no wine to pour yesterday evening, if ever there were a time for it, it was then. Fortunately, I had a secret weapon in my Mommy's Turn the 'tude 'round Dance Party Secret Weapon Playlist.
My laptop is always open for business in the kitchen making it quite useful in my arsenal of tricks to turn the 'tudes around when my tribe of natives gets a bad case of the grumpy butts.
Yesterday I started the party with Lawrence Welk's "Baby Elephant Walk". I always go right for the silly to get 'em started.
We covered ELO (Don't Bring Me Down), Merle Haggard (Mama Tried - that was more a reminder for me), Willie and Waylon with Good Hearted Woman, The Highway Men with Mamas (Don't Let your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys), Dion and the Belmonts (The Wanderer), and finished up with At the Hop.
The little boogers couldn't help themselves. The more we danced, the faster their cases of grumpy butts just melted away. It's true. Music soothes the savage beasts.


Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

No comments: