Sunday, December 26, 2010

Where I Am

Hi, remember me, the one who promised to never leave your side and always tell you the truth? I know I've been absent for over two months now, and I hate to be that blogger who apologizes for blog neglect, but I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I'm back though, and I've got more to confess than ever before.
You see we moved. Yeah, yeah, I know I've spun this story before, but this time it's different. Really.
It all started in August when my mom died. And about that same time my dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer. Somewhere in between all of this my husband was interviewing for executive chef positions with several different restaurants near my hometown. After accepting an offer the packing began. And the chaos.
Secondborn decided then was as good as any to finally begin walking at sixteen months. The oncologist decided Dad had to have a kidney removed. There was the "kidney going away" party we threw for him followed a week later by the actually surgery. And less than a week after that, only a day before Thanksgiving, me and my circus moved in with him.
After placing most of our belongings into storage while staying with my dad for a few months, Hubby had to go out of town for three weeks for training. Fortunately, it was close enough he could drive home on weekends, but it still proved a trying time for all of us. Firstborn especially had a difficult time with this and the move. Yesterday was Christmas and he still says daily, "I wanna go home".
And speaking of Christmas, the stomach flu was not mentioned on anyone's wish list, yet we all got more than we ever wanted of it. That's okay, we still managed to make the most of it. The kids were thrilled with all the loot Santa brought. Hubby was mildly impressed, but it was a miracle he was even out of bed. And, me, I'm grateful we could all be together enjoying one of the rare white Christmases Alabama has had to offer. Oh, did I mention Hubbs got me a new Macbook Pro? So, no more excuses! Posting blogs should be a lot easier now that I don't have to hole up in the office while the kids go unsupervised.
Once more, I offer my most humble and "Oh, I feel like crap 'cause I've not written anything in ages" apology.

No comments: