Sunday, December 26, 2010

Letters To Santa

We've moved to a small town where the local newspaper still reserves a section during the holidays to print letters to Santa Claus. I took it upon myself to write on behalf of my children and thought I would share it with you.
The letter from Firstborn is as follows:
Dear Santa,
I've been a very good boy with only a few minor infractions. If you receive any letters stating otherwise please disregard them. It seems that no matter how hard one tries to be good there will always be someone to dispute your claims.
The following is a short list of suggestions of what I would like for Christmas. Of course, I'm always open to suggestions and surprises.
a little boy friendly digital camera
firetruck
Take and Play Thomas of Misty Island
a rather large giraffe
a puppy dog Pillow Pet just like my cousin's
games
books, lots and lots of books, please
three new flashlights
a fast racing car with horns on it
Santa, please don't forget about my little sister, Secondborn. Ordinarily I wouldn't care if she got presents or not, but if you don't bring her anything then she's just gonna want to play with my things.
With as much love, goodness, and honesty a three year old boy's heart can bear,
Firstborn

And the letter from Secondborn:
Dear Santa Claus,
Forgive me for what I'm about to say. I've not always been what you might call a good little girl.
Sometimes I've been a naughty little girl.
However, I maintain that I was only doing what comes naturally to a highly spirited and independent girl.
If you're willing to overlook my scaling the living room blinds, continually emptying my dresser drawers of all contents, a bit of indoor gardening, and other minor incidents, please give my Christmas list some consideration. Please keep in mind that my frank honesty should warrant at least a few presents under the tree.
a camera
stuffed llama
dollie
a chair just my size
Weeble Wobbles
lots and lots of books
And, Santa, I'm convinced my older brother is to blame for much of my behavior. Just ask the elves who've been assigned to keep an eye on us. They'll tell you the real story.
Hugs and sticky kisses,
Secondborn

No comments: